Lemon Tofu Cheesecake
- 2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pound Japanese style firm silken tofu
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon tahini or almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons soy or rice milk
- Crust: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix cracker crumbs, syrup and extract until crumbs are moistened. Pour into oiled 9-inch
pie plate; press mixture firmly to form crust.
- Bake for 5 minutes; let cool while preparing the filing.
- Filling: In a food processor or blender, combine remaining ingredients and
process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake until top is slightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled and firm, about 2 hours.
- Pour filling into crust and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours
to overnight. The texture will resemble that of a cream pie.
Variation: You can use a prepared crust from the store. For a no-bake cake, omit cornstarch mixture.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tofu Recipes