Lemon Tofu Cheesecake
- 2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pound Japanese style firm silken tofu
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon tahini or almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons soy or rice milk
- Crust: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix cracker crumbs, syrup and extract until crumbs are moistened. Pour into oiled 9-inch
pie plate; press mixture firmly to form crust.
- Bake for 5 minutes; let cool while preparing the filing.
- Filling: In a food processor or blender, combine remaining ingredients and
process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake until top is slightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled and firm, about 2 hours.
- Pour filling into crust and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours
to overnight. The texture will resemble that of a cream pie.
Variation: You can use a prepared crust from the store. For a no-bake cake, omit cornstarch mixture.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.