Papaya Tofu Cheesecake
with Mango Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats blended into flour in a food processor (or substitute whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1/2 cup barley flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 ripe papaya
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 packages extra firm tofu
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 ripe mango
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot dissolved in 1/4 cup water
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Oat Crust: Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet
ingredients and then add the dry to the wet. Mix well with a fork.
Press the mixture into an oiled 9- or 10-inch spring bottom pan.
- Pre-bake for 10 minutes at 325 degrees F. Cool before adding the
- Filling: Whip papaya and oil in a food processor. Add the tofu and blend
well, until the texture is very creamy. Blend in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into the oat crust and bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes
until the top is light brown and the cake is set firm.
- Let cool
before adding the Mango Glaze.
- Mango Glaze: Add the maple syrup and diluted arrowroot to a small pot and simmer
on medium heat for about 3 minutes. Add mixture to the mango in
food processor and blend until smooth. Pour over the already set,
cooled down cheesecake. Refrigerate for several hours - overnight
would be best.
- When ready to serve, run a wet knife
around the outer edge of the cake to loosen it from the side of
the pan. With your hands on the bottom of the pan, press up so that
the cake moves up out of the frame.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tofu Recipes