Peanut Tofu Salad
- 1 (16 ounce) block tofu
- 3/4 pound bean sprouts
- 1 medium-size cucumber, peeled, if desired
- 2/3 cup shredded carrot
- 3 green onions, including tops, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon shoyu
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cut tofu block crosswise into 1-inch thick slices. Drain in colander
for 15 minutes, then place between paper towels and gently press
out excess water.
- Place tofu on a rack set in a shallow rimmed baking
pan and brush all surfaces with oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- When cool, cut tofu into 1/4 x 1/4 x 1-inch strips and gently mix
into dressing; cover and chill for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Cook bean sprouts in boiling water for 10 seconds; then drain. Rinse
in cold water and drain again; cover and chill.
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise (remove seeds if large), slice thinly;
cover and chill.
- Just before serving, lightly toss together tofu, sprouts, cucumber,
carrot, green onions and peanuts.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tofu Recipes