Pork and Tofu
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 1 tofu cake, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms, drained (reserve juice)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds pork, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon MSG (optional)
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 2-inch lengths
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water; set aside.
- Fry pork in covered, greased skillet until lightly browned. Drain
all except 1 tablespoon oil. Add tofu, mushrooms and onion chunks.
- Combine soy sauce, mushroom juice, sugar and monosodium glutamate.
Pour over ingredients in skillet. Bring to a boil. Continue cooking
until sauce is blended into tofu, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in green onions and pour in cornstarch mixture. Cook until
sauce is thickened.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tofu Recipes