- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 scallions (white and green parts keptseparate, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 pound silken or soft tofu, drained andmashed or crumbled*
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pitted green olives
- 1 sheet nori sea vegetable, finely shredded (optional)
- Tamari or soy sauce, to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- Hot sauce (optional)
* Silken tofu results in a very soft-cooked texture, while soft
tofu will be slightly firmer.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil and sauté the onion, garlic,
and white of scallions until the onions turn light brown, about
4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, red pepper, tofu, oregano and
turmeric (if using), and continue to sauté over medium-high heat
for another 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the scallion
greens, olives, nori (if using), soy sauce and pepper to taste.
- Pass optional hot sauce.
Turmeric will give a faint yellow color to the mixture, but
will not contribute significantly to the taste.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tofu Recipes