Soba Noodles with Tofu
- 1 (8 ounce) package soba (buckwheat noodles), uncooked
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound soft tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nori (roasted seaweed, about 1 sheet)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and
fat. Drain well.
- While noodles cook, combine soy sauce, sugar, mirin, and broth in
a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Pour into a bowl; cover and
place in freezer about 8 minutes.
- Place 3/4 cup noodles in each of 4 shallow bowls; divide tofu evenly
among bowls. Ladle 1/2 cup broth into each bowl; sprinkle each serving
with 1 tablespoon nori, 1 tablespoon onions and 1/2 teaspoon sesame
Nutrition data, per serving: Calories 322 (13 percent from fat);
fat 4.7 g (sat 0.7 g, mono 0.9 g, poly 2.5 g); protein 16.9 g; carbohydrates
47.3 g; fiber 3.3 g; cholesterol 0 mg; sodium 811 mg; calcium 146
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tofu Recipes