Spicy Mexican Tofu
- 18 ounces extra-firm tofu, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 cups undrained canned stewed tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups canned kidney beans
- 2 2/3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Parmesan cheese
- Sauté onion and garlic cloves in olive oil until soft. Add tomatoes
and chili powder and bring to a boil. Boil vigorously, uncovered,
and stirring often, until thick - about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the tofu. Add kidney beans and heat through.
- Serve sprinkled
with Parmesan cheese.