Stuffed Fried Tofu 2
- 2 blocks tofu
- 6 water chestnuts
- 1 bamboo shoot
- 2 stalks green onion
- 4 dried mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
teaspoons ginger juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups gluten burger
- 1 cup
water from mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Slice tofu into 8 slices. Wrap in a cloth or paper towel to drain excess water.
Wash and soak mushrooms; squeeze and chop fine, reserving water.
- Peel water chestnuts and mince, chop bamboo shoot, chop green onions fine. Fry
sliced tofu in oil until golden brown. Slit the tofu, leaving 1/2 inch uncut edge.
- Mix all ingredients, except ginger juice (if ingredients are too watery, cornstarch
may be added), and stuff each tofu with 1 teaspoon of stuffing; seal with cornstarch
paste (cornstarch mixed with a little water). Return stuffed tofu to the frying
pan. Mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch, ginger juice, 1 cup mushroom water and mushroom
stems; pour over the tofu. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- May be garnished with Chinese parsley for serving.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tofu Recipes