Stuffed Jumbo Shells
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 4 ounces jumbo macaroni shells
- 1 1/2 pounds tofu, mashed, or 1 pound tofu, mashed, and 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Boil macaroni shells in salted water to al dente.
- Mix together tofu, parsley, onion powder, salt, garlic powder and
basil. Spread 2 cups tomato sauce on the bottom of a 9-inch square
pan. Spoon the tofu mixture into the cooked shells, about 1/3 cup
per shell, and arrange in the pan.
- Add 1/2 cup water to the remaining
sauce, then pour strips of sauce over the top of the shells. Top
with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until the
tomato sauce is bubbly, about 25 minutes.