Sunshine Pound Cake
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 4 ounces firm silken tofu, drained
- 1/2 cup white chocolate wafers*
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Lightly butter a 9-inch Bundt pan.
- Cake: Beat butter and sugar; add egg and egg whites one at a time beating
on high speed of electric mixer for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Combine orange and lemon zest, flour, baking powder, soda, cream
of tartar and salt.
- In blender whip lemon juice, milk and tofu until tofu is smooth;
add alternately with flour mixture to sugar mixture, beating only
until smooth after each addition.
- Spoon into prepared pan and bake at 375 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes
or until tester comes out dry.
- Remove to cool on baking rack.
- Glaze: Stir chocolate with orange juice over very low heat until blended.
Spoon over cake.
* White chocolate wafers are available in the bulk food section
of the supermarket.
1 serving = 160 calories and 5 grams fat