Sweet and Sour Tofu
- 1 (20 ounce) container tofu
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks or tidbits
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- Rice or Chinese noodles
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Drain tofu in a colander, then weigh down tofu with something heavy.
Let it sit in the sink while preparing the sauce.
- Combine brown sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, soy sauce and juice from
the pineapple in a saucepan. Bring to a boil until thick and clear.
- Slice tofu into cubes and add to sauce; marinate while rice cooks
or 1 hour.
- Slice onion and pepper into thin strips. Combine with tofu and sauce
and pineapple chunks. Heat until vegetables soften, then serve over
rice or Chinese noodles.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tofu Recipes