Tasty Tofu Brownie Snacks
- 1 1/3 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 package Mori-Nu Silken Lite Firm Tofu
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup European processed cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut a piece of wax paper to fit in bottom
of 8-inch square baking pan. With paper removed, grease bottom and
sides of pan with vegetable shortening. Place wax paper on top of
greased pan bottom and grease top of wax paper.
- In food processor fitted with metal chopping blade, process all
dry ingredients. Empty into small bowl and set aside.
- Place all wet ingredients in work bowl and process until smooth,
scraping the bowl sides occasionally. Add dry mixture all at once.
Pulse to blend until dry ingredients are just moistened. Scrape
mixture into prepared pan; sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until brownies pull away from sides.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before turning out.
Yield: 12 brownies
Per brownie: 121 calories, 3.4 g protein, 25 g carbohydrates,
1 g fat, 0mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium