- 1 1/3 cups cake flour or unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (10.5 ounce) package Mori-Nu Silken Lite Tofu (extra-firm)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar or Sucanat
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of an 8-inch
square pan with vegetable shortening. Place wax paper on greased
pan bottom and grease top of paper.
- In food processor, blend dry ingredients. Empty into small bowl;
- Do not clean work bowl. Replace work bowl; process wet ingredients
(except cocoa) until smooth and sugar/Sucanat is dissolved. Add
cocoa; process until smooth.
- Add dry mixture all at once. Pulse to blend just until all dry ingredients
are moistened. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with chopped
- Bake for 20 minutes or until brownies spring back when touched lightly
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes before turning out on
- Cool completely.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tofu Recipes