- 1 pound firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 leek or onion, sautéed
- 1/4 cup mixed nuts/seeds (sunflower, walnut, pinon)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Combine the first five ingredients into a food processor and pulse
until combined. The mixture should be a bit smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients, excluding the breadcrumbs:
- Shape into patties; pat each side with breadcrumbs. Sauté on both
sides in Ghee until golden brown.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Serve on a bun or as an entree with a sauce.
Yield: 6 to 8
Ghee, a traditional oil used in Indian and Ayurvedic cuisine, is similar to
clarified butter. It has a high heat tolerance allowing for quick, healthy