- 3 cups tofu (silken soft is best)
- 1/3 cup FRESH lemon juice (this is crucial)
- 1/4 cup oil plus 1/4 cup margarine, melted and cooled
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water or soy milk, if necessary
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup (scant) soft margarine
- 2 tablespoons water
- Filling: Blend ingredients well, in order, in a blender, until thick and
creamy (add liquid at end only if needed to blend tofu).
- Pour into partially baked crumb crust (below) and bake at 350 degrees F 1/2
hour or until tofu is set in the middle.
- Top with fruit or fruit syrups if desired.
- Crumb Crust: Mix dry ingredients. Work in oil and margarine. Work in water (should
be crumbly). Pat on bottom and halfway up sides of a 9-inch pie pan.
- Partially bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F (be careful, it can burn easily).
- Fill and bake as above.