- 5 cups cooked pinto beans
- 2 pounds frozen tofu
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (tamari)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup liquid (water or bean cooking liquid)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 2 large onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Cut tofu into bite-size pieces and freeze overnight.
- The next day, thaw tofu for about 1 hour.
- Mix soy sauce, tomato paste, corn oil, garlic powder and liquid
and add thawed tofu; heat in a skillet.
- In a separate skillet, sauté green pepper, onions and garlic in
oil until onions turn clear. Put all ingredients in a pot and simmer
together. You may have to add more liquid. Cook for 20 to 40 minutes.