- Round of whole grain bread
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 package extra firm silken tofu
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup fresh or frozen spinach, cooked and well drained
- 1 medium red onion, chopped, or 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- Dried or fresh chives (for garnish)
- Place cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, tofu, salt and pepper in a
blender and blend until smooth.
- Fold in spinach. Add onion and tomato or salsa.
- Cut out a hole into the top of the bread large enough to pour the
dip into. The dip can also be poured into a dish if bread is unavailable.
Add a sprinkle of chives on top of dip. Let cool one hour or so.
- Serve with fresh sliced vegetables, the top of the bread cut into
pieces, and/or your favorite whole grain cracker.