Tofu "Egg" Salad
Use your favorite bread or croissants for making sandwiches.
- 1 (14 ounce) package water-packed firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 (14 ounce) package water-packed extra firm tofu, drained and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickle chips
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons minced green onion
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- In a large bowl, add diced and crumbled tofu; mix together.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix together well.
- Add Tofu Mayonnaise, and gently mix.
Yield: enough filling for 12 sandwiches
By Chef Scott Stroud, Gateway Market, Des Moines, Iowa
Recipe used with permission from: Soy Foods Council.