- 6 ounces medium spinach noodles
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons granulated chicken bouillon
- 2 pounds frozen tofu, thawed, rinsed andcut into 1/2-inch cubes*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare noodles according to package instructions.
- While noodles cook, sauté green pepper in 2 tablespoons butter in
a skillet for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in milk, chicken, bouillon (dry) and the tofu. Cook until all
liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Add the hot drained noodles.
Add to this mixture the 1/4 cup melted butter, grated Parmesan cheese,
salt and pepper. Toss and serve immediately.
* To freeze tofu, use original container and freeze 1 week or more.
This changes tofu's texture from creamy to crumbly. Thaw at
room temperature 8 to 12 hours or boil in water 30 minutes. Then
take it out of original container and place on a towel to squeeze
all the excess water out of it.