Tofu Fudge Mocha Bars
- 1 (12 ounce) package silken tofu, undrained
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 1/3 cups turbinado sugar (unrefined sugar)
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup instant decaffeinated coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Using an electric mixer, blend tofu until creamy. Add oil, salt,
sugar, cocoa, coffee and vanilla extract and blend well.
- When sugar is dissolved into the tofu mixture, remove the bowl from
the electric mixer and whisk in the flour. Pour batter into a greased
13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the cake
pulls away from the sides of the pan. The bars will appear glossy
and almost underdone. Cool in the pan.
- When cool, cut into bars
using a clean, wet knife.
Yield: 24 bars