Use favorite bread or croissants for making sandwiches.
- 2 (12.3 ounce) packages extra firm silken tofu, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 cup soybean oil
- In a food processor, combine 1 package of silken tofu (with the water), lemon
juice, mustard, garlic powder, sugar, salt and vegetable oil. Blend until smooth.
Yield: enough filling for 12 sandwiches
By Chef Scott Stroud, Gateway Market, Des Moines, Iowa
Recipe used with permission from
the Soy Foods Council.