Tofu Pasta Sauce
- 2 pounds fresh chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped or pressed
- 1/2 pound tofu, chopped
- 1/4 cup (or less) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound pasta
- Cayenne or other hot pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan or Romano cheese, grated
- Place chopped tomatoes, garlic, basil and tofu in large bowl. Add
olive oil and hot pepper. Toss.
- Marinate for a least 2 hours (but
preferably 4 hours).
- Cook pasta el dente.
- Drain the pasta and toss it with the grated
cheese. Toss the pasta with the tomato mixture, or place tomato
mixture on top.