Tofu Rice Burgers
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup short-grain rice
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock or water
- 6 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained and coarsely grated
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup quick cooking rolled oats, not instant
- In saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook garlic, onion, chili
powder and salt, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until
- Stir in the rice, then stock. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover
and simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid
is absorbed. Transfer to bowl and let cool.
- With potato masher or fork, mash rice mixture slightly; mix in tofu
and carrot and rolled oats. Shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
(Patties can be wrapped in plastic wrap at this point and refrigerated
for up to 24 hours).
- Place patties on greased grill over medium-high heat or on greased
baking sheet; close lid and cook, turning once, for 10 to 12 minutes
on grill, 14 minutes under broiler, or until crispy outside.
with sliced tomatoes, onions, sprouts or whatever tickles your fancy.
Yield: 4 burgers
Per serving: 200 calories, 4 grams fat, 10 grams protein and
31 grams carbohydrates
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Tofu Recipes