- 16 ounces baked tofu
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup mushroom stock
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Cut the tofu into cubes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a
pan and add onions.
- Sauté until they brown and then turn down heat and continue cooking
until they caramelize. Stir frequently for about 15 minutes.
- As onions cook, slice mushrooms, chop garlic and warm the mushroom
- Mix thyme, paprika and garlic and add to onions.
- Add remaining butter and soy sauce and when butter melts, add the
- Add tofu and wine to mushrooms and let cook about 10 minutes.
- Add the heated mushroom stock to sour cream and then add this mixture
to pan once mushrooms are cooked.
- Simmer until the sauce is hot and be careful not to boil.
- Add salt and pepper and serve over rice or thick noodles.
Yield: 4 servings