Bird to the Last Drop
This recipe guarantees that no part of the turkey will go to waste!
- 2 quarts vegetable stock
- 1 turkey carcass
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup rice
- 2 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the vegetable stock and the turkey carcass in a large soup pot over
low heat and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the stock. Cover and simmer for an additional
- Remove the bones before serving.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe courtesy Alton Brown - Show: Good Eats - Episode: The Remains of the Bird