Add a touch of India to your leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 teaspoon shredded lemon peel
- 2/3 cup long grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped canned pimiento
- In medium-size skillet, melt butter. Add curry powder and heat for 2 to 3
- Stir in onion and cook until tender but not brown.
- Blend in flour, salt and pepper, stirring well. Add chicken broth all at
once. Cook and stir until boiling; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add cooked turkey and shredded lemon peel. Heat mixture to boiling.
- Stir in cashew nuts and pimiento.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Serve mixture over rice.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.