Bountiful Turkey Avocado Salad
- 10 cups mixed salad greens
- 6 cups cooked turkey meat, cubed (approximately one pound)
- 2 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocados, seeded, peeled, and cubed
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 jicama, peeled and cut in julienne-style pieces
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, or dried cranberries
- 1 pomegranate, peeled and cut into small kernels
- 6 tablespoons toasted walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup walnut oil
- Salad: Place salad greens on large serving platter
or in large salad bowl.
- Combine turkey, avocado, cheese, jicama, orange, raspberries/cranberries
and pomegranate, and place on top of greens. Pour vinaigrette dressing over
salad. Sprinkle top of salad with walnut pieces to serve.
- Vinaigrette Dressing: Whisk all ingredients except oil in large bowl. Add
oil in thin stream, whisking constantly. If dressing is prepared in advance,
keep refrigerated in glass jar and shake well before using.
* Large avocados are recommended for these recipes. A large avocado averages
about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Recipe provided by the Chilean Avocado Importers Association.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Hass Avocado Board
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Leftover Turkey Recipes