Creamy Turkey Melt
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened, divided
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 8 slices dark rye or pumpernickel bread
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- In a saucepan over medium heat, sauté onion in 1 tablespoon of butter until
tender. Reduce heat to low.
- Add cream cheese and sour cream; cook and stir until smooth.
- Add turkey; cook until heated through (do not boil). Spoon 1/2 cup filling
onto four slices of bread; top with a slice of cheese.
- Spread outside of bread with remaining butter.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook sandwiches until lightly browned on
Yield: 4 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.