Creamy Turkey Vegetable Soup
Leftover turkey is just as delicious the second time around when it's part of
a creamy soup that has all the elements of turkey pot pie.
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet™ Rosemary, Crushed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Thyme
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Garlic Powder, California
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups Kitchen Basics® Original Chicken Stock
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 pound cooked turkey, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 8 slices rustic bread
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Mix rosemary, thyme and garlic powder in small bowl. Reserve 1/2 teaspoon.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Add mushrooms
and remaining seasoning mixture; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from saucepan. Set aside.
- Melt remaining 3 teaspoons butter in saucepan on medium heat, stirring to
release browned bits from bottom of skillet. Sprinkle with flour; cook and stir
3 to 4 minutes or until flour is lightly browned
- Gradually stir in stock and half-and-half until well blended. Bring to boil.
Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring
- Add cooked turkey, frozen vegetables and mushrooms; simmer 8 minutes or
until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place bread slices on baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with reserved
- Bake for 10 minutes or until toasted.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top each with 1 crouton.
Serves: 8 | Serving Size: 1 cup
15 mins Prep time | 30 mins Cook time
Nutrition information (Amount per serving) Calories: 321 Cholesterol: 75mg
Sodium: 497mg Protein: 27g Total Fat: 9g Fiber: 3g Carbohydrate: 33g
Reprinted with permission from McCormick.