Dutch Pot Pie
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups turkey or chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 3 large potatoes, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 4 cups white or dark turkey, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Noodles: Combine the flour and salt in a food processor. Add
eggs and work in just until blended. Remove dough and knead for about 10 minutes
or until smooth and satiny. Let dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll out 1/2 of the dough on a floured surface to 1/8 inch thick. Cut with
a knife into 2-inch squares. Add additional flour if necessary. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Filling: Add broth to a 4-quart stock pan.
- Mix the flour and butter together and whisk into the cold broth. Stir while
the broth heats. Stir in all the vegetables and noodle squares. Lower the heat
to medium and boil gently for 10 - 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender and noodles done.
- Gently stir in turkey. Adjust seasonings and serve.
Serves 4 to 6.