Give Thanks Leftovers Casserole
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, diced (including some of the green part)
- 1 (15 ounce) can Ro*Tel
- 5 to 6 cups leftover turkey, sliced or pieces
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup white wine or water
- 2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix (or a light layer of leftover stuffing already cooked)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cayenne pepper
- Put green peppers, red peppers and onions in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Top evenly with the Ro*Tel (undrained), then mix all together.
- Place turkey on top.
- Place Swiss cheese slices on top of the turkey.
- In a bowl, stir together the wine and mushroom soup. Pour over the turkey
and cheese and around the casserole.
- Last, layer on the dry stuffing mix or a thin layer of stuffing. If you're
using dry dressing, drizzle with butter. If you are using a moist pre-made dressing,
you can skip the butter. Sprinkle with cayenne to taste.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for one hour.
- Serve in large, shallow bowls.