Give Thanks Leftovers Casserole
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, diced (including some of the green part)
- 1 (15 ounce) can Ro*Tel
- 5 to 6 cups leftover turkey, sliced or pieces
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup white wine or water
- 2 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix (or a light layer of leftover stuffing already cooked)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cayenne pepper
- Put green peppers, red peppers and onions in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Top evenly with the Ro*Tel (undrained), then mix all together.
- Place turkey on top.
- Place Swiss cheese slices on top of the turkey.
- In a bowl, stir together the wine and mushroom soup. Pour over the turkey
and cheese and around the casserole.
- Last, layer on the dry stuffing mix or a thin layer of stuffing. If you're
using dry dressing, drizzle with butter. If you are using a moist pre-made dressing, you can skip the butter. Sprinkle with
cayenne to taste.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for one hour.
- Serve in large, shallow bowls.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.