A tasty way to disguise leftovers.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 1/2 cups turkey gravy (leftover or commercially prepared)
- 3 cups cooked turkey chunks
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2/3 cup Sonoma dried tomato bits
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, divided
- 2 1/4 cups reduced-fat buttermilk baking mix
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper (1/4 to 1/2)
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons low-fat milk
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In 3-quart saucepan combine gravy, turkey, peas, mushrooms, tomato bits,
water, 1 tablespoon of the parsley and 1/2 teaspoon of the poultry seasoning.
Stir occasionally over medium-low heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in bowl combine the baking mix, the remaining parsley and poultry
seasoning, the pepper and milk; mix just to blend thoroughly.
- Pour turkey mixture into shallow 2-quart casserole or 9-inch square baking
dish. Top with baking mix mixture, dropping with spoon in six equal mounds.
- Place on baking sheet and bake about 20 minutes until turkey mixture is
bubbly and topping is golden brown.
Makes 6 servings.
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 11/14/2001 5:34 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Leftover Turkey Recipes