Greek Turkey Feta Pasta Toss
with Buttermilk Dressing
- 2 cups precooked whole turkey breast, diced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, preferably extra virgin
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 cups cooked spiral pasta, such as gemelli or fusilli
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup jarred roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced (or ripe olives)
- 1/3 cup Wisconsin Feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons whipped Cream cheese from tub, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Pasta: In large serving bowl, combine turkey breast, olive oil, lemon juice and
oregano. Toss gently to coat and let rest while preparing rest of salad ingredients.
- To assemble salad, add pasta, spinach, red peppers, cucumber, olives and
crumbled Feta cheese to the turkey in serving bowl. Using salad tongs or two
large spoons, toss all ingredients together until well blended.
- Dressing: Beat cream cheese with whisk until creamy. Slowly whisk in
buttermilk until smooth. Whisk in garlic and lemon pepper.
- To serve, divide salad among four serving plates. Sprinkle with toasted
- Pass dressing to be poured over salads.
Salad and dressing can be served immediately or chilled several hours before
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.