Greek Turkey Feta Pasta Toss
with Buttermilk Dressing
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups precooked whole turkey breast, diced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, preferably extra virgin
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 cups cooked spiral pasta, such as gemelli or fusilli
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup jarred roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced (or ripe olives)
- 1/3 cup Wisconsin Feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons whipped Cream cheese from tub, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- In large serving bowl, combine turkey breast, olive oil, lemon juice and oregano. Toss gently to coat and let rest while preparing rest of salad ingredients.
- To assemble salad, add pasta, spinach, red peppers, cucumber, olives and crumbled Feta cheese to the turkey in serving bowl. Using salad tongs or two large spoons, toss all ingredients together until well blended.
- Beat cream cheese with whisk until creamy. Slowly whisk in buttermilk until smooth. Whisk in garlic and lemon pepper.
- To serve, divide salad among four serving plates. Sprinkle with toasted walnuts.
- Pass dressing to be poured over salads.
Salad and dressing can be served immediately or chilled several hours before serving.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin