Kentucky Hot Brown Soup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked turkey
- Toppings: crumbled bacon, chopped tomato, chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion; sauté until tender.
- Add flour, garlic salt, and hot sauce; cook, stirring constantly, for 1
minute. Gradually stir in milk; cook until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add ham and turkey; cook, stirring
occasionally, until heated. (Do not boil.)
- Serve with desired toppings.
Yield: 5 cups