Leftover Turkey Chowder
Hearty Leftover Turkey Chowder is chock full of chunky potatoes, turkey and corn in a creamy broth.
Substitution Tip: Use 4 teaspoons cornstarch in place of the flour. Continue as directed.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups water
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 package McCormick® Turkey Gravy Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Half-and-Half
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Rubbed Sage
- Cook bacon in large saucepan on medium heat until crisp. Add onion; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add water and potatoes. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir Gravy Mix and flour in medium bowl. Stir in Half-and-Half with wire whisk until smooth. Stir mixture into saucepan. Add turkey, corn and sage. Bring to boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 30 min | Yield: 8 (1 cup) servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.