This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Leftover Turkey Sloppy Joes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- In large skillet cook onion and garlic in vegetable spray.
- Add tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- For each serving, place bottom half of each bun on serving plate. Top with
equal amount of turkey mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired. Cover with
the top part of the bun.