Leftover Turkey Stroganoff with
Mushrooms and Cranberries
Running out of ideas for Thanksgiving leftovers? Use your leftover turkey in
a creative and delicious Turkey Stroganoff recipe that takes only 20 minutes to
- 9 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups (8 ounces) finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups (4 ounces) sliced cremini mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) dry white wine
- 6 tablespoons (2 ounces) dried cranberries, preferably unsweetened
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cooked white and dark meat turkey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 12 ounces reduced fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Cook the egg noodles according
to package directions. Drain and reserve.
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the vegetable oil and sauté the
onions and mushrooms until softened and starting to brown (about 8 minutes).
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine, and add the cranberries. Simmer until most
of the liquid has evaporated (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in the turkey, Dijon mustard, and sour cream. Remove from heat.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Divide the noodles between 6 bowls and top with stroganoff
mixture. Sprinkle with parsley.
An exclusive PastaFits.org recipe.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: National Pasta Association.