This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 2 small avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 12 slices bacon, preferably peppered bacon
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 6 leaves leaf lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3/4 pound sliced turkey breast
- Guacamole: Mash the avocados and add the remaining
ingredients and mixing well.
- Picante Mayonnaise: Combine the mayonnaise and picante sauce.
- BLT: Fry the bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread the guacamole on 6 slices of the bread and
the picante mayonnaise on the other 6 slices. Place layers of onion, lettuce, tomato,
bacon, and turkey on the pieces of bread spread with guacamole and top with the
other bread. Slice and serve.
Posted by Darlene at Recipe Goldmine 4/25/02 3:14:28 am.