Mexican Turkey Tortilla Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 cups water
- 6 chicken flavored bouillon cubes
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes with green chilies (Ro*Tel)
- 2 cups cooked turkey breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/3 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add green chiles, chili powder, cumin, garlic, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Cook
and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in water, bouillon and tomatoes with green chilies. Bring
to a boil. Add turkey and simmer 3 minutes.
- Add corn and simmer 1 minute. Stir in cilantro.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle each serving with generous amount of cheese and