Roast Turkey Sandwich with
Cranberry Pecan Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup sliced cranberries or 1/2 cup whole cranberries sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted pecans*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thinly sliced turkey breast
- Bread (sun-dried tomato, white, whole-wheat or Kaiser roll)
- Gouda cheese
- Cooked bacon slices
- Sliced tomato
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard in bowl.
- Whisk in honey.
- Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread cranberry mayonnaise on one side of two slices of bread.
- Place turkey on one slice of bread.
- Top with slice of Gouda cheese, lettuce, 2 strips bacon,
tomato and second slice of bread.
* To toast pecans, sprinkle in ungreased heavy skillet. Cook over medium
heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently until nuts begin to brown, then stirring
constantly until golden brown. Or, toast in microwave: Spread 1 cup nuts on paper
plate. Cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 4 minutes, or until heated through, stirring every
Yield: about 1 cup cranberry mayonnaise
Posted by JudyAZ at Recipe Goldmine 8/7/02 5:17:38 pm.