This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Sweet and Sour Turkey
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper strips
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice.
- Combine reserved juice, vinegar, brown sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce and
salt in saucepan; mix well. Simmer until thickened and clear, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat; stir in turkey. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Combine bell pepper strips and enough boiling water to cover; let stand
for 5 minutes.
- Drain well. Add bell pepper, onion and pineapple chunks to turkey mixture,
mixing lightly. Heat through.
- Serve over rice.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings