Turkey Chow Mein
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated
- 2 cups celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (preferably sesame)
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1 can bamboo shoots, drained and sliced
- 2 cups cooked turkey breast, cut into pieces
- 2 chicken or vegetable bouillon cubes, dissolved in 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 8 ounces chow mein noodles
- 2 cups white rice, cooked
- Cashews to taste
- In a large pan, fry onion and celery in oil for 10 minutes.
- Add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, turkey and bouillon to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Combine cornstarch with water and stir into mixture. Cook, stirring until thickened.
- Serve over rice, topped with chow mein noodles and cashews as desired.