- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon unflavored gelatine
- 5 cups cooked turkey
- In a large saucepan melt butter and sauté the onions and celery until softened.
- Add the garlic and stir for one minute.
- Pour the can of tomatoes (including juice) into the pot and break up the
tomatoes by squeezing through your fingers.
- Put tomato paste into a 2-cup measuring cup and add enough warm water to
make two cups. Stir well and add to the pot.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, salt, sugar, chili powder and Tabasco and
stir. Simmer uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, allow the gelatine to dissolve in 2 teaspoons of water.
- Add the gelatine and turkey to the sauce and heat until hot.
- Serve over hot rice.