Turkey Crepes Mornay
Time saving tip: You can now buy crepes already made in your grocery store. Look
in the deli or the dairy case.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Melted butter or peanut oil
Filling and Sauce
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Beat flour, salt and eggs to form a thick paste. Slowly stir in milk and
beat smooth. Let stand 1 hour.
- Make 18 crepes in a 7-inch pan. Stack between pieces of wax paper.
- Freeze 8 crepes for another use.
- Sauté mushrooms, onions and parsley in 4 tablespoons butter until tender.
- Add chicken and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth.
- Slowly pour in milk and cook until it boils and thickens.
- Add 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Add cheeses and stir to melt.
- Add 1 cup sauce to chicken mixture.
- Stir cream into remaining cheese sauce.
- Fill crepes and place in greased 8 x 11-inch dish. Pour sauce over crepes.
- Mix together butter and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over crepes and bake at 350
degrees F for 20-30 minutes.