- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and quartered
- 2 jalapeno peppers, quartered and seeded
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 cup chicken stock (defatted )
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced
- 2 cups cooked turkey, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- Place onions and red peppers in a food processor and pulse until chopped.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the onion-pepper mixture and cook, stirring, until soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, return the work bowl to the processor. With the motor running,
drop garlic, ginger, and jalapenos through the feed tube and process until finely chopped.
- Add the garlic mixture to the onions, along with curry powder and coriander;
cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, coconut milk and banana. Bring the mixture to a simmer,
reduce heat to low; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the bananas are very soft, about 10 minutes.
- Mash the bananas to incorporate them into the sauce.
- Add turkey, peas, cilantro, and lime juice and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.