Turkey and Dumplings Skillet
- 2 1/2 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups broth, turkey or chicken
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mixed vegetables, frozen (thawed)
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 (16.3 ounce) can jumbo size biscuits
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Melt butter in large heavy skillet. Add onion; cook and stir until tender.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour and salt to
skillet; stir until smooth.
- Add broth, water and hot pepper sauce; cook until bubbly and thickened,
- Stir in turkey, mixed vegetables and sour cream. Simmer over low heat until
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits; cut each in half. Place biscuit halves on
top of hot turkey mixture. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Cover; simmer an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are no longer
- Sprinkle with paprika.