Turkey Hash Brown Pie
- 3 cups hash browns, shredded, loose-pack (purchased frozen, then thawed)
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup cooked turkey, diced
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Press hash browns between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Press
into the bottom and sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- Combine the turkey, cheese and diced peppers, and spoon over the crust.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over all.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a knife
inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut into pie wedges and serve.