Turkey in a Stuffing Crust
- 6 cups stuffing mix
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sliced stuffed green olives
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Combine stuffing mix with water, using only enough liquid to moisten. Mix
- Press into a buttered 12 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Sauté onion and celery in butter; add flour. Blend well, then gradually
stir in evaporated milk. Stir over low heat until sauce thickens.
- Add remaining ingredients; blend.
- Place in stuffing crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
Serves 6 to 8.