These Sweetheart Sandwiches make for a colorful dessert or snack. Great as a
tea sandwich option too! Easy to make and sure to impress everyone.
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (7.6 fluid ounce) can NESTLÉ Media Crema
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk (squeezable bottle)
- 16 slices whole wheat bread
- 8 large strawberries, chopped
- 4 large strawberries, cut in half
- Combine water and cornstarch in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat media crema and sweetened condensed milk in small saucepan over medium heat
until heated through and well combined. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to saucepan.
Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until well thickened.
- Remove from heat. Cover; cool to room temperature.
- Cut bread into large heart shapes almost the size of the bread using a cookie
cutter or knife. Cover to keep from drying out.
- Stir chopped strawberries into cooled mixture. Spread 8 bread hearts with strawberry
filling (about 1/4 cup each). Top with remaining heart slices. Top each sandwich
with a strawberry half.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 5 mins
Cooling Time: 30 mins cooling | Servings: 8
Reprinted with permission from Nestlé® and meals.com.