Valentine's Day Recipes
Valentine Chex Mix
Red, white and pink make a lovely Chex mix, especially when it's ready in just 30 minutes!
Prep: 10 min | Start to Finish: 25 min | Yield: 22 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 9 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup red, white and pink candy-coated chocolate candies
- 1/4 cup red or pink jimmies sprinkles
- In large bowl, place cereal. In small microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring
every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Place 1/2 of the cereal mixture in 1 gallon food-storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir candies and sprinkles into remaining cereal mixture. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool, about 15 minutes.
- In serving bowl, mix both cereal mixtures.
- Store in airtight container.
Special Touch: Look for decorated cellophane bags in craft or paper goods stores. Fill with this extra-special mix and tie with festive ribbons for a Valentine gift.
Per serving: Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 160mg; Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 16g); Protein 3g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 6%; Iron 15%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: